In this church, vicars were appointed in solemn ceremonies as they swore their allegiance to Lari's laws and statutes before the public. There is evidence that a church existed here already towards the end of the 10th century, part of the parish of San Bartolomeo di Triano. In 1372 it gained the right to perform baptisms, which brought with it the need to expand the building. Construction ended in 1420, but further changes and remodelling of the building took place over the following centuries, the most recent in 1910.
To the side, in the place where there was a cemetery covered by an open gallery up to the 16th century, today stands the Oratorio del Santissimo Sacramento e della Misericordia (Oratory of the Blessed Sacrament and of Mercy). The transformation of the arcaded loggia into an oratory took place in the 18th century. Inside, there are a few sepulchral and commemorative slabs from the 1700s, a holy water font from the 1600s, wooden statues from the 1900s and, in the presbytery, and interesting wooden choir, surmounted by two canvases representing Saint Teresa of Jesus and her "saint confessor", donated in the first quarter of the 20th century by Mr. Giuseppe Gotti.